Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yay for Summer!!!

It came!  Summer is finally here.  The wind has slowed and the heat is here.  I never thought I would so happy to report that we have 95 degree weather.  But I am!!!  I am so excited for all the summer activities ahead of us.  We planted our garden Wednesday, our yard is green, and the smell of rain has been here for the last few days. 

The boys are doing so good.  We had a cold a couple of weeks ago, but now we are all doing better.  Marshall had his first round of antibiotics, double ear infection.  Not too bad, we made it 10 months without any major illness with him.  He is so much healthier than Monte was as a baby. 

Josh has been working overtime this week.  Poor guy worked from 6-9 Friday evening, then from 3 a.m. to 7 a.m. Saturday morning.  And he is so positive, he woke up this morning and said, “Finally some overtime, I am ready for the extra cash.”  Haha, he is such a optimistic man.  I would probably not of been so up beat about working half the night.

Marshalls first swimming experience…He loved it!  We were at Monie and Papa’s house and they got out the pool.  Monte stripped down, he didn’t want to wear a suit, we will have to work on that before we can go swim at the public pool.

June 2011 060

We went to lunch at Burger King with Grandma, the boys loved the slide.  Marshall made the biggest mess eating, he squeezed an entire baby food pouch of sweet potatoes all over himself.  Brenda and I just laughed, it was sooooo cute!

June 2011 066

Monte figured out how to climb up the slide he was pretty pleased with himself too.

June 2011 071

Marshall got a birthday present from Mama and Daddy a little early…his very own horsey!

June 2011 080

Now Monte and Marshall are the bouncing duo!

June 2011 087

We camped in the yard a couple of weeks ago.  It was so fun!  The kids loved it.  They played in the tent so much that their hair was standing on end from all the static.

June 2011 094

June 2011 099

June 2011 101

Oh and one more exciting thing.  Marshall is crawling!  He is so fast, even outside on the grass.  He doesn’t skip a beat.  And he pulls up and is walking around furniture.  It won’t be long and he will be walking. 

June 2011 120

June 2011 111

1 comment:

L Billings said...

Cute kiddos! So glad summer is here and life can move outdoors!